RE: Updated XHTML media type draft

From: Mark Baker - Ottawa Consumer and Embedded Div. <Mark.A.Baker@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 19:20:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Peter Stark (ECS)" <Peter.Stark@ecs.ericsson.se>, "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>
Sorry Peter, I don't know how this escaped my attention ...

>Minor comments:
>

>* I think "amoung" should be "among".
>
>* Why does it say the following:
>"It is not expected that it be used to deliver content,
>   or that origin web servers have any knowledge of it (though they are
>   welcome to)."
>
>Why is it "not expected"? I assume the following can be expected:

>	profile="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd

Sure, that can be done, only that it isn't what the profile parameter was
designed to be used for.  That use is like the old "level" parameter on
the text/html type that was never used.  Hence "not expected". 8-)

MB
--
Mark Baker, Sun Microsystems
Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA