RE: Extended URL for [I]Frames (revived)

> From:	Nathan Pearce [SMTP:nathan.pearce@blueU.com]
>
> If frames are being removed, is it best to stick to using layers? Or is
> there a nice alternative, that we can use now?

[DJW:] Layers have never existed; they are a Netscape
proprietory feature; I don't think they are even supported
by Netscape 6.  The intention, ever since the
publication of the HTML 4.0 specification has been that
you should use elements positioned using style sheets.

Frames do exist in the modularized HTML specification
and those browsers which support them now are likely to
coninue to do so for the foreseeable future.