Re: embed - object - applet

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 08:36:49 -0700
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
that is only in specifications. Specification and implementation are two
totally different things, and most of the browsers (counting the ones that
are not up-to-date / state-of-the-art, like, say, Netscape 4) don't <object>
for the same thing as <applet> or <embed>, to my limited knowledge.

Also, modularization of xhtml means that the browsers themselves will
literally be xml parsers, able to parse new schemas. That is also to my
limited knowledge, and I could be wrong, and would like it greatly if I
could be corrected. :)

Daniel