Re: Netscape and Microsoft should come up with plugins standard

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:42:12 -0800
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
> [DJW:]
> I don't think parameters should be used for simple media types.
> For them, object is really a special sort of link that embeds
[DJW:]
An inverse consequence of this interpretation of object
as a llnk is that any parameters on object should also be
allowed on <a href=.  You could probably generalise that
to include the parameters used to launch ActiveX, Java etc.

Daniel Hiester responds:

Oh, I get what you're saying now. Would you say the same about IMG as well,
since one supposedly can, and "should" use OBJECT in the place of IMG in the
future?

Daniel