Incompleteness of TEXTAREA attributes

From: <tatang.hendrolukito@accenture.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 02:20:30 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org

I've found a trouble when I need to limit the input length of textarea tag.
It has something to do with performance tuning issue, especially when we
have to
decide the size of variable to hold textarea input in database.
I've tried to look for an attribute to remedy this situation but I didn't
find it.

That's why I have an idea to add one attribute to textarea tag (for example
named maxlength)
of which function is to limit the input length user can type on a textarea.

Any comments or suggestions ?

Regards,
Tatang Hendrolukito

privileged or confidential information.  If you have received it in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.  Any other
use of the email by you is prohibited.