No borders around frames?

From: Gabriele Caniglia <mailing.lists@garr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:44:47 +0100
To: www-html@w3.org
Hello List,

I am not a long time web developer, but I am trying to learn to
follow the w3c recomandations and make standard (non proprietary)
code.

My boss pretends a complex frameset on his site, I don't like the
whole thing, but I must work on it... :(

Let's come to the point: I need no borders around the frames.
Quite some time ago I posted a message to this list (4398) asking
about the FRAMEBORDER attribute, but I can't get it to work with IE
and N6.

IE needs both FRAMEBORDER and FRAMESPACING (set to 0) as FRAMESET attributes.
N6 only needs the BORDER (set to 0) as a FRAMESET attribute.

So the line should go like this:

<frameset cols="15%,*" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0">

As far as I know, FRAMESPACING and BORDER are not standards, and the
FRAMEBORDER is only standard  if used as a FRAME attribute. But the
FRAMEBORDER used as a FRAME attribute does not work with IE and N6.

Is there a solution to my problem?

(please forgive my English, I'm not part of the English-speaking world...)
--
Gabriele Caniglia
gabble@garr.com