RE: Forum

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, William F. Hammond wrote:

>> list etiquette can be difficult enough with some email programs,

An understatement:)

What usually happens is that people fall into what their programs make
"easy" for them.  The result, these days, is the TOFU [*] that has
made me seriously consider quitting this list.  For now, I killfile
with extreme prejudice any message extruded by Microsoft software.

[*] a term coined in the de.* hierarchy, standing for "Text Oben,
    Fullquote Unten".  Also known as "Jeopardy style".

> Cross-platform maximal control of this type for mail and Usenet news
> can be had with GNU Emacs, which contains a full lisp engine.  For the
> windows platform see
>
>           http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/ .

Yes, but people need to learn the etiquette first (all remarks should
be in context: therefore you should snip and interleave.)

Arjun