Re: xhtml and wcag

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:24:30 -0700
To: "www-html" <www-html@w3.org>
|'noscript' is *not* deprecated. 'noframe' is, and is not available in HTML
4.x
|Strict, XHTML 1 Strict or XHTML 1.1 (since you can't use frames in these
|languages, there's no need for a 'noframe' element!).

I knew noframe was deprecated. I thought noscript was equally deprecated. I
thought I read about them both in the same passage, was what I was trying to
say.

And technically, XHTML 1 Strict can be displayed within a frameset, because
the xhtml frames dtd ( http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd )
is designed for just creating a frameset. (although I really hate to
contribute to the one-upsmanship that occaisionally happens here). Contents
in that frameset can still be html 4.01 transitional, or xhtml 1.0 strict.

Daniel