RE: List elements (was: Tree Presented Lists )

From: <JeanMichel.Leclercq@electrabel.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:08:14 +0200
To: www-html@w3.org
>> [DJW:]  <indent> is in fundamental conflict with the concept
>that HTML is not a page description markup language but a
>structural one.

I totally agree. And I find that in this case, <indent> only participate in
the description of the structure of a "tree", resulting in a particular
layout, like any other <ol> and <li> tags does. The layout should then be
achieved via a style definition (the class attribute). Maybe the word
"indent" is just not well used here.

What is the suggested rendering of
>indent in speech?

I have no suggestion. I just had the feeling that it should not be a
problem, because the content could be parsed sequentially, and then be read
by the browser. I should say that I have no experience of a 'speaking'
browser.

Thanks for your comments.

/JM.