Re: Is this an error (-in the Sec. D.2.2 XHTMLMOD) ??

<kjc777@nca.or.kr> wrote:

> I think the last line should be ended with quotation mark and
> contain "%NS.decl.attrib".

Yes, it is an error, thanks for your report.

> By the way, I want to know where the parameter entities
> as "NS.decl.attrib", "URI.datatype", and "NS.prefixed" were defined,
> and their actual meanings as well as usages.

In the case of an example in appendix D.2, %NS.prefixed; is defined
in the Inventory Qname Module.  %NS.decl.attrib; is defined in
the XHTML Qname Module, and %URI.datatype; is defined in the XHTML
Datatypes Module.

The value of %NS.prefixed; should be either "IGNORE" or "INCLUDE",
to control various conditional sections that deal with namespace
hack.  It is set to "IGNORE" by default, so unless it is overridden
by the DTD driver or the internal subset, elements are not prefixed.

%NS.decl.attrib; declares a set of xmlns attributes.  If you define
your one namespace, the xmlns attribute to declare your namespace
should be defined in the pareter entity %XHTML.xmlns.extra.attrib;.

%URI.datatype; is a DTD representation of the "URI" datatype listed
in "4.3. Attribute Types".  It should be used to declare an attribute
which value is supposed to be a URI reference, such as the "href"
attribute of the "a" element in the Hypertext Module.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium