Re: XHTML content model module is not needed?

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:31:27 +0900
To: kjc777@nca.or.kr
Cc: w3c-html-wg@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
"Jinchool Kim" <kjc777@nca.or.kr> wrote:

> In the Section E.4.2 of [XHTMLMOD],
> there's an example which shows how the MATHML is incorporated in XHTML DTD.
>
> Now, I think a declaration that bring in the XTHML content model is needed,
> because the content model of MathML does not declare XHTML content model.

It's not necessary, because the content model of MathML does not need
XHTML elements inside it. In other words, in this particular integration
example, MathML appears inside XHTML but XHTML doesn't appear inside
MathML.  For a complete example, see appendix A.2 "MathML as a DTD
Module" [1] of MathML2 Recommendation.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/appendixa.html#parsing_module

Regards,
--