Re: cHTML to xHTML basic conversion

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:12:05 +0200
To: "Aten, R.M." <R.M.Aten@kpn.com>
Cc: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
* Aten, R.M. wrote:
>I am looking for a tool that will convert HTML (or cHTML) content to xHTML
>basic. I tried HTML Tidy, but the result is only xHTML transitional
>compatible and I really need xHTML basic.

What to you mean by "convert"? Just fix document type declaration and
change the syntax or do you want Tidy to discard all elements /
attributes not supported by XHTML Basic? I'm currently implementing
rudimentary support for XHTML 1.1 and XHTML Basic into HTML Tidy, so
it'd be a good time to submit a feature request at

  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=390966&group_id=27659&func=browse

HTML Tidy is currently maintained at

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/tidy

Try http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/ or any XML Validator,