"Include" Question

From: David Montminy <david.montminy@polymtl.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:21:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
I know i may start a debated over this question, but here goes:

My Situation:
I'm working as a student Webmaster for the city's intranet (the financial
departement site) and got to the point where i had to make the site easily
modified from a user's perpective. And since most of the staff hardly know as a
word processor works,let alone an HTML editor, i am required to make to use
differents files from differents peoples on different standard (mostly html
file created by Word 97 and Corel Wordperfect 8). I must, also, not use frames
because of the intranet search engine (The result would be inside a single
frame, not the frameset). Finaly, my boss really like the dynamic menus i found
on http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/, and the popups doesn't work if I include a
document via the <object data="file.html"> tag.

The exact question:
In this situation, would it be better to use SSI, CSI or scripts (CGI) to pre-
process the differents documents? And HOW??