Re: A Conditional Section in QName Declaration..[XHTMLMOD]

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 20:52:31 +0900
To: kjc777@nca.or.kr
Cc: www-html@w3.org
<kjc777@nca.or.kr> wrote:

> <![%Inventory.prefixed; [
> <!ENTITY % Inventory.pfx "%Inventory.prefix;:">
> ]]>
> <!ENTITY % Inventory.pfx "">
>
> [XHTMLMOD] says -
> "Define a parameter entity MODULE.pfx that is "%MODULE.prefix::"
> when prefixing is enabled, and "" when it is not."
>
> In this example, initially the value of Inventory.prefixed is assigned for "IGNORE", so it makes sense.
> But, How about in the case of "INCLUDE"???
> I think the last line of this example is parsed always, so the prefix is configured as default XML namespace
> in the namespace-aware parser.

See "4.2 Entity Declarations" of XML 1.0 [1].

   ... If the same entity is declared more than once, the first declaration
   encountered is binding; at user option, an XML processor may issue
   a warning if entities are declared multiple times.

So in the case of "INCLUDE", the first declaration is binding.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-entity-decl

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org