Re: WWW: Interoperability Crisis?

At 12:44 PM 1/21/01 -0500, Brian Milloy wrote:
>> I don't know anyone with a disability, so I don't see why I should care
>> about them. They can't be that important, right? Why don't they just ask a
>> friend to tell them what stuff looks like? It's there problem, not mine.
>
>I too, hesitated briefly about whether or not to dignify the above comment
with
>a response. However, I cannot resist sharing the the following comparison
that
>crossed my mind. Imagine applying the same sentiment to some of the
atrocities
>that occurred during World War II.
>"I don't know any Jews, so I don't see why I should care about them..." etc.,
>etc.

My grandmother died on tuesday.  She was living in a home for the blind.
She spent time in a concentration camp along with my mother.  Neither one
of them were Jewish.  Most of the people that died in WWII were not Jewish.
 But then my grandfather went off to a concentration camp for doing exactly
the same thing to his neighbor's son that he had done to the German's that
came to his door, giving them food.

>Where the devil is this man's humanity? How sad and self-centered.

Look in to the mirror lately?

If you want to help the blind do it yourself, don't force the burden onto
others.

Wilbur

        Putting A Human Face On Technology ;-)
        Literally!  http://www.TheFaceOf.com