RE: 2 HTML tags in one document

From: Rowland Shaw <Rowland.Shaw@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 02:08:52 -0800
To: "'Zdenek Kovanda'" <zkovanda@cssoftware.com>, www-html@w3.org
My feelings on this:

Firstly some browsers react violently to multiple <html></html> blocks --
Amaya, for one, will only render the first block.

Secondly, why are you doing this in this way? [This is veering on moving
some HTTP protocol issues out of the HTML]
IMHO, no CGI based application should send back <meta http-equiv=...> lines.
IMHO, "Refresh: 0; url=..." is evil as a http header (why not use "Location:

Have you tried throwing it at: http://validator.w3.org/ ??