From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:33:52 +0000
To: charles@w3.org, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Cc: svg-developers@yahoogroups.com, www-svg@w3.org, www-html@w3.org, www-amaya-dev@w3.org
So far I estimate ~50% successful degradation by browser type, with object
slightly pulling ahead of embed, and lynx, mozilla and IE6 behaving well,
running alongside is amaya improving?

Could I have further contributions particularly for
apple: ie, nn, icab
linux: opera, nn6,
no plugins..
any others?

How do we feel these two examples* demonstrate that SVG successfully degrades
in a range of browsers? Please note possible inadequacies are highlighted in
capitals.

*http://www.learningdifficulty.org/develop/examples/objectsvg.html
embedsvg.html is linked from it.

Does the code need a tweak? please tell me.

Does anyone have other examples demonstrating perhaps:
more complex but successful degradations of SVG?
allowing users to trigger events via the keyboard as well as the mouse?

Are we communicating sufficiently well between groups? comments please

please excuse cross-posting

thanks

--
jonathan chetwynd