frame elements

From: Charlie Kaupp <kauppc@scbt.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:19:50 -0800
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Hello-

I'm rewriting a website to be XHTML compliant, and I'm wondering why certain
elements are not allowed, specifically in the <frame> or <frameset> tags,
the framepadding or framespacing elements. They seem to display correctly in
all browsers. How come they're not included in the DTD? I really want my
frameset to display without any kind of space between frames. Any ideas?
Reasons?

Thanks,

-Charlie