Re: To XML or not XML?

From: Ben-Nes Michael <miki@canaan.co.il>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:29:23 +0300
To: "Mike Ginter" <mginter@ket.org>, <www-html@w3.org>
Very good tutorial about XHTML
check:
http://www.w3schools.com

--------------------------
Canaan Surfing Ltd.
Internet Service Providers
Ben-Nes Michael - Manager
Tel: 972-4-6991122
http://sites.canaan.co.il
--------------------------

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Ginter
  To: www-html@w3.org
  Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 9:23 PM
  Subject: To XML or not XML?

      I am noticing that there seems to be no html 5 standards.  Instead, it looks to me that XML will become the new standard and that XHTML will be a transitional standard.  I cannot seem to find any pages that give an overview as to what all of us will have to deal with in the "NEAR" future 1-3 years (I know that nobody can predict this).  I have read that xml will be much more strict when it comes to formatting your code and that all tags should be lower cased.  Are these true?
  I am a web designer, but I am a reluctant one that doesn't like the tech side that much.  For this reason I don't keep up with the latest WC3 standards like I should.  I find WC3's site very confusing to sort through.  I know the answers are probably there but I am having a hard time finding and understanding, everything that is said.  Forgive my ignorance.
  MG
  mginter@ket.org