Re: Idea re: transparency

From: Frank Tobin <ftobin@uiuc.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:34:02 -0500 (CDT)
To: "Mr. Dukleth" <korn_horn@hotmail.com>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
Mr. Dukleth, at 11:10 -0400 on Mon, 13 Aug 2001, wrote:

   I come to you with a simple idea for the next advancement in writing
   html.  I'm wondering if you could include a property that lets the
   web master set the transparency/alpha of an element. This would be
   extremely helpful. Have you considered this idea before? Is it
   possible? Do you like my idea?

This would be an idea for a presentational model to consider, such as CSS;
there are w3c mailing groups for CSS.  XHTML does not decide the
presentation of a document, but rather the structure and semantics of the
document.

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/