Re: Q/Sugestion about XHTML

From: Ben-Nes Michael <miki@canaan.co.il>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:30:09 +0300
To: "Frank Tobin" <ftobin@uiuc.edu>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>

> Ben-Nes Michael, at 09:46 +0300 on Mon, 6 Aug 2001, wrote:
>
>    > Since <form> can contain block elements, merely put your entire
>    > inside a <form>.  This will ensure well-formedness and XHTML
validity.

>    sure I can, but then ill have to create lots of tables like this:
>
>    the form element will add spaces between the tables which will spread
them
>    on double the size and Ill have to make the <td> with constrain width
so the
>    layout will be visible & straight.
>    more complex and still I don't know how to get read of the form adding
space
>    between tables.
>
> If you need specific formatting, rely on CSS, not how some browsers choose
> to do default rendering of XHTML elements.

I tried this, maybe im wrong but none disabeld the space after form in ie5 /
mozilla 0.9.2

form {
 margin: 0px;
 padding: 0px;
 line-height: 0pt
}

Even if it will work with work-around I still think there sould be somekind
of wrapper around <tr> or any inline elements so webmasters could use form
or other tags around them.

> --
> Frank Tobin http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/

Canaan Surfing Ltd.