<dynamic> tag idea

From: Bert Johnson <bert@geekspotting.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:17:27 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Hello.

I write to you with a proposal for a new tag in the HTML/XHTML protocol.  I propose the dynamic content tag (maybe <dynamic></dynamic>).  This tag would be very convenient for spiders, parsers, and page update notifiers.

My budding company (Johnso Productions) is in the finalizing stages of the Johnso Page Update Notifier - which parses pages and alerts you if there have been recent modifications.  The problem is that many pages contain dynamic "random" content, such as quotes of the day, member counts, or timestamps.  By putting those non-static fields between <dynamic> tags, it would allow many autonomous tasks to run easier.

Please consider this proposal seriously.  Thank you.

Bert Johnson
c/o Johnso Productions