RE: Fixed header area

> From:	HARRIS Rachel D [SMTP:rachel.d.harris@co.multnomah.or.us]
>
> scroll some, they want long pages but want the header to stay put.  An
> example of what we'd have in the header area would be the client's name
> and
> brief information, along with quick and advanced search, and a few
> navigational tabs.
[DJW:]
This feature was in HTML 3.0, but, like most of HTML 3.0 was
ignored by the browser developers, who invented frames, instead.
It got dropped in HTML 3.2.

It can now be achieved using style sheets, which are off topic.
Note that practical aspects of this, particularly the extent to
which particular browsers actually support the required features
is off topic on both this and the styles list.  (position: fixed
is the "best" way.)