Van: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]Namens
HARRIS Rachel D
Verzonden: donderdag 19 april 2001 22:25
Aan: www-html@w3.org
Onderwerp: Fixed header area

We are converting an application to a thin client web application.  Our
users are not very web savvy in some cases and while they are willing to
scroll some, they want long pages but want the header to stay put.  An
example of what we'd have in the header area would be the client's name and
brief information, along with quick and advanced search, and a few
navigational tabs.

There are disadvantages to frames and we cannot think of any other solution
so am throwing it open to this group.

Thanks for any and all help.
Rachel

~*~* ~*~
Rachel Harris, M.S., L.P.C., N.C.C.
Multnomah County Department of Community Justice
Web Site Coordinator
501 SE Hawthorne Blvd Suite 250.  Portland, OR 97214
Phone- (503) 988-6048  Fax-(503) 988-3990  TDD-(503) 248-3561
INTEROFFICE MAIL: B503/Suite 250
Rachel.D.Harris@co.multnomah.or.us
http://www.co.multnomah.or.us/dcj/