RE: CSS vs. Tables

Second works perfectly, first fails to do the center one in IE.

Can see a bunch of nice apps in it.

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: www-html-request@w3.org [mailto:www-html-request@w3.org]Namens Kim
Verzonden: dinsdag 17 april 2001 2:13
Aan: elists@1stpc.org
CC: www-html@w3.org
Onderwerp: Re: CSS vs. Tables

IE is actually the one interpreting the css correctly. Divs are block level
elements so there is supposed to be a hard return after each one. You can
make it be an inline element by using display:inline though.

I managed to achieve what you were after (only in NS6 though, again because
of not being able to say distance from the right in IE).
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/tankgrrl/alignment.html

You can make absolutely positioned divs positioned according to the div
wrapped around it, which in this case is relatively positioned, so would go
into the flow of a site.

You can do something similar using float (same as going align="left") but
you have to have them all floating left.
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/tankgrrl/alignment2.html

This is a little unpredictable though because when you use percentages, it
doesn't take into account the widths of borders and margins. If you were to
do a fixed width table then it would work fine.

Kim
www.funk-tion.com