Re: Re: Seprarately Bracketing Attributes

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Sent: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 05:03:14 +0200
To: "Barry Kaminsky" <polisource@mail.hypermart.net>
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Seprarately Bracketing Attributes

* Barry Kaminsky wrote:
>I ran into a problem yesterday when I tried using <td> <colspan="2">
>instead of <td colspan="2">. When I got home, I looked through my
>HTML book and saw that some attributes can be placed within their
own
>angle brackets and some can't.

That's actually nonsense.
--
Björn Höhrmann | mailto:bjoern@hoehrmann.de |
http://www.bjoernsworld.de

---- End Original Message ----

Actually, I discovered that some attributes couldn't be within their
own brackets when I saw my webpage not working that way. The book
just showed me examples of attributes (or maybe they're considered
nested tags) that can be. I assumed they were attributes. I'll have
to look again before I can be more specific.

Either way, bracket-sharing shouldn't be allowed. Everyone who knows
any HTML knows about brackets surrounding individual tags, but having
to wonder what the sharing rules are complicates things. Some people
might even see two "instructions" within the same brackets and think
they can do something like <p i>.This paragraph won't be
italicized.</p i>

Bookmark the HyperMart Small Business Center. All the tools you need to
succeed!
http://www.hypermart.net/center/