Seprarately Bracketing Attributes

From: Barry Kaminsky <polisource@mail.hypermart.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:41:20 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org
I ran into a problem yesterday when I tried using <td> <colspan="2">
instead of <td colspan="2">. When I got home, I looked through my
HTML book and saw that some attributes can be placed within their own
angle brackets and some can't. Why not make a uniform rule for this?
I think all attributes should be contained in their own brackets
after their parent tag.

Is this just a problem with non-compliant browsers?

Bookmark the HyperMart Small Business Center. All the tools you need to
succeed!
http://www.hypermart.net/center/