Color question

From: Paul Nugent <trimtabs@paulnugent.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:52:04 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: "Paul Nugent" <trimtabs@paulnugent.net>
Hi!

I have spent hours scanning the w3 site and I simply cannot find the
suggested hex color for a visited link. My understanding has always been a
link is Blue and a visited link a kind of burgundy (as appears in my email's
when I am sent a link that I have already visited). Do you know what the hex
color is for this? . . . or would you be so kind to forward my cry for help
to someone who knows?

Sorry for taking up your time, but, I cannot find this info anywhere and I
spent ages scouring your site.

I hope you can help!

Thanks in anticipation,
Paul Nugent