Re: Tag list/DTD

From: Frank Tobin <ftobin@uiuc.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 21:45:17 -0500 (CDT)
To: Michael Ryan Bannon <mrbannon@student.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>
Michael Ryan Bannon, at 21:49 -0400 on Sun, 8 Apr 2001, wrote:

    I'd like to run a web page through a self-made parser and identify all
    tags in the page that don't conform to HTML or XHTML.  Is there a simple
    list of all HTML and/or XHTML tags that I can use for comparison (aside
    from the DTD...maybe just a line-for-line list of tags?)  Of course, if
    there's an easy way to utilize the DTD to do this, that would be best.

This is probably off-topic, but I'll answer anyways...

Some tags can only be used in certain contexts (e.g., <li> can only be
inside of a <ol> or <ul>).  But this can all be found at:

http://www.htmlhelp.org/reference/html40/

--
Frank Tobin		http://www.uiuc.edu/~ftobin/