Re: Sniffing XHTML sent as text/html

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@mail.earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:44:08 -0700
To: <www-html@w3.org>
This thread causes me some concern, also.

One more thing I'm not too clear on myself is the issue of whether this
applies to all XHTML, or if it only applies to XHTML 1.0?

For example, when XHTML 1.1, which (last I checked in) is planned to feature
modularity, wouldn't that require the user agent to parse the document as an
XML document?

So, does this whole issue of "XHTML sniffing" apply only to XHTML 1.0, or
are XHTML 1.1 documents supposed to be treated like HTML 4 also?

Just a quickie.

Daniel