Re: Some elements not working in Netscape 4.7x

From: Kevin S Becker <ksbecker@duke-energy.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 07:36:40 -0400
To: Marco Canderle <marco_canderle@topmail.com.ar>
cc: www-html@w3.org

I think you need to do this:

<input type="submit" value="Submit form" tabindex="2">
<input type="reset" value="Reset form" tabindex="1">

If you want to create a button that you program what happens on click:
<input type="button" value="Whatever you want" onclick="Put your JavaScript

|        |          Marco Canderle       |
|        |          <marco_canderle@topma|
|        |          il.com.ar>           |
|        |                               |
|        |          09/10/2000 01:33 PM  |
|        |                               |
  |       To:     www-html@w3.org                                              |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Kevin S Becker/CrescentResources)                      |
  |       Subject:     Some elements not working in Netscape 4.7x              |

I donīt have too many experience programming with HTML, but
giving my first steps with it, Iīve found something I would
like to know about. There are some elements (see the txt file
with the sample code) that doesnīt work properly or doesnīt
work at all in Netscape Navigator 4.7x, while they work
perfectly under IE5. What i would like to know is why this
happens, because I donīt like to say my siteīs visitors to use
IE5; the same way I donīt like someone to tell me which
browser to use. So I would apreciate a lot if you can answer
I think the problem is with last HTML 4 specifications but Iīm
not really sure.
Iīve mailed Netscape supportīs homepage but they havenīt
answered yet.

Well, thatīs all. Thanks for your time.

Marco Canderle
Computer Science student at San Luis University - Argentina

Marco Canderle
Santa Rosa (L.P.)
e-mail: marco_canderle@topmail.com.ar

FreeMail, su email en la Web: http://www.topmail.com.ar/