Re: Redefine <br>

Dave J Woolley wrote:
> BR always was strictly presentational; I've never seen
> it used in the sense of the morse code break symbol.

I didn't intend it that way--only as a break between, say,
two lines in a poem or a soft break in the middle of a
paragraph--people do that all the time in email.

I used aural CSS because, as you say, you cannot express
the typical visual rendering of <br> in CSS. I think it
can be done.. but that's off-topic.

> What you are doing is trying to overload a presentational
> element with a structural meaning it never had.

Then it doesn't belong under Inline Structural.