AW: good old HTML

From: Clover Andrew <aclover@1VALUE.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 13:58:36 +0200
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Marcelo Perrone <marcelo@organic.com.br> wrote:

> I am defending the point of writing a good html code to a client and,
> probably I'll be asked about the PRATICAL problems of that.

The basic problem is that undefined situations *could* break on any
browser you haven't explicitly tested it on.

That includes future popular browsers. Say MS decide that IE6 will make
the column exactly 199 pixels, and clips the image; you'll be called back
to fix the pages. Which is a nice little earner.

So, yeah, in conclusion, er, it's a bad thing. I think. No, hang on...

--
Andrew Clover
Technical Support