RE: A query please

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Gray Jonathan-AJG003C wrote:

> How naive can you be ?
Extremely. But my observation comes from my experience.

> Because people use Flash browsers arent doing there job properly. All
> righty lets see you get
> www.westwood.com
> www.whatisthematrix.com without Flash.

My point exactly. Don't get me wrong, flash is wonderful. It is browser
independent, fast, and looks good. But here is the problem: It's an
external plugin, a third-party object used in the html code, when people
should be able to use html to get the results they want. I feel that the
browsers are the guilty ones here, they've made dynamic html a veritable
nightmare.

> Why is it used simply because its different and allows more flexibility
> and properties which are not supported by "browsers" as you put it.

See above

> This is like comparing a skateboard to a car , Its not good enough so
> people use cars. ahem no  skaties are great but built to do different
> tasks entirely.

Spoken like a true skateboarder.

dan