Re: [XHTML-L] RE: Advance Publication of Modularization of XHTML CR document

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 14:32:32 -0400
To: XHTML-L@egroups.com, "Dave Raggett" <dsr@w3.org>, <AndrewWatt2001@aol.com>
Cc: <www-html@w3.org>, <janet@w3.org>, <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, <quint@w3.org>, <mimasa@w3.org>
At 02:18 PM 10/5/00 -0400, Jelks Cabaniss wrote:
>Dave Raggett wrote:
>
> > Many thanks for your feedback. I will do my best to ensure that
> > the specs are as clear as possible in the next revision. If you have
> > any other specific points which would help us to improve, please
> > don't hesitate to let us know.
>
>There really needs to be a section devoted to authors and how they would go
>about implementing Modularization.  Something like "Here is an HTML 4
>Transitional document, and here is how you would recast it as XHTML 1.1.
>And here is how you add this and that element and this and that attribute if
>you *really* need to do that."  For the beginner, someone who only knows
>basic [x]HTML.

The section of the Modularization document in sections D, E, and F that go
through this is in very specific detail.
The "Modularization for Pure Novices" is something the book authoring
market is already taking up, though the suggestion for a primer document
that's simpler than sections D,E,F is something that may be worthy of
investigation.

Ann
---
Ann Navarro, Author and Chief Geek