"Remove" should be "u-n-s-u-b-s-c-r-i-b-e" [META]

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 17:05:40 -0000
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
The correct way of unsubscribing is to send mail
to www-html-request@w3.org, with a subject consisting of
just:

unsubscribe

from the subscribed email address.

(Even using "unsubscribe" somewhere in the subject of
mail to the list address proper gets you off the list,
as I discovered on the first attempt to send this, which
is why I've mutilated unsubscribe in the subject!)

The most common use of "remove" is to promote your
email address to confirmed status on spammers mailing
lists!  However some recent legitimate products may
use it.

Instruction were sent when you joined and a URL to
do this is in the headers of every article on the list!

Now lets just hope at least one unsubscriber reads this!