RE: Script Tag and XHTML

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 19:11:20 +0100
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
> From:	Federico Ostermann [SMTP:foster@sol.info.unlp.edu.ar]
>
> The script tag is not suportted for the xhtml. But I want to include any
> scripts in javascript language into the XHTML file... how????
	[DJW:]
	It's in the XHTML 1.0 DTD, even the strict version (not surprising;
it is
	just an XML'ed version of HTML 4.01).  There appears to be
	a scripting module in XHTML 1.1, and it appears to be included in
the
	baseline version, so I don't understand the basis of the question.

	NB. If this is intended for the internet, make sure that
	scripting is not necessary to access the site, unless the
	site is performing calculations that must be done client side.
	There is an unfortunate trend towards using scripting to do things
	that can be done, with only minor cosmetic differences, in pure
HTML.