Re: HTML 4.01 Strict DTD missing an important attribute

From: Todd Fahrner <fahrner@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 14:36:19 -0700
To: Joe Kaczmarek <joe@getq.com>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
At 5:17 PM -0400 5/5/00, Joe Kaczmarek wrote:

>"target" doesn't necessarily means frames as you can target to "_blank"
>to open a new window (or even a new audio browser or braille browser
>since they want Strict to be media independent), or even target to
>"_top" to make sure that your Strict web site is not inside of somebody
>else's frames.

It's my understanding that targetting, opening windows and so on is
putatively the realm of scripting/DOM, not hard-coded HTML semantics.
Thus, with proper UA support for HTML's OBJECT element, DOM, and
CSS-2, frames will be truly obsolete in every respect. We're not
there yet, of course.

--
Todd Fahrner