Re: ANNOUNCE: XHTML mailing list at eGroups

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 15:22:35 -0700
To: <www-html@w3.org>
Well I think that an interesting aspect here is that technically, this is
the W3C list to discuss XHTML on (am I not correct?), and has the benefit of
involvement from the people who make the decisions on what XHTML is and will
be.

On the one hand, a haven dedicated to discussing XHTML is an exciting thing,
and it really is. I know a lot of people have a lot of faith that
reformulating mainstream web markup into modular XML will open a lot of
doors, and I share that belief...

But I don't have all the time in the world, and so I'd have to choose
between that list and this one... and I choose this one, because I can see
where the W3C members are coming from, and I can make myself heard if I have
any concerns.

I think it's great that the W3C is modularizing markup, and I hope that
people who think otherwise (or disagree with the W3C on a lot of other
issues) will be able to understand why the W3C is doing things they way they
are doing, even if some people don't understand, by simply _being on this
list_.

If you have the time to go on both lists... well, I don't think that
_anyone_ here would discourage that.

Daniel