Re: HTML forms

From: Harald Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 01:59:48 -0500 (EST)
To: "James P. Salsman" <bovik@best.com>, ietf@ietf.org
Cc: www-forms@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
At 16:52 29.03.00 -0800, James P. Salsman wrote:
>Some educational software advocates and I are considering
>asking the IETF to suspend control of certain aspects of
>HTML forms from the W3C until microphone upload issues are
>addressed.
No matter what may be thought of the merits of the case, such a
request would be ignored by the IETF.

There is no procedure to "suspend control of aspects" of a specification,
and the IETF is of the opinion that HTML is not under our control anyway.

Sorry 'bout that.

               Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no