Re: MacIE 5.0 ships with full HTML4.0 support

From: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@hem.passagen.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:57:56 +0200
To: <www-html@w3.org>, "Karl Dubost" <karl@la-grange.net>
Karl Dubost:

> At 17:12 -0800 27/03/2000, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> >I am very happy to announce that we have shipped Internet Explorer 5.0
> >Macintosh Edition, which fully implements a number of web standards:
> > - CSS-1
> > - HTML4
> > - PNG 1.0
> > - ECMA 262
> > - DOM 1.0 HTML

> Yes, it seems to be great after 1 day of hard testing.

I did a search for the word "Unicode" in the info pages on "Internet
Explorer 5.0 Macintosh Edition" - no luck. The Windows version is of
course fully Unicode capable, and that should be able on the Mac too
these days. I have no Mac myself so I can't test this. Could anyone
check if the new Mac version has improved Unicode support?

                         Bertilo Wennergren
                     <bertilow@hem.passagen.se>
                  <http://purl.oclc.org/NET/bertilo>