Re: Unsubscribing

From: James P. Salsman <bovik@best.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:46:53 -0800 (PST)
To: altheim@eng.sun.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Murray,

Thanks for your message:

> The reason I was initially hesitant to join this list was
> the noise level.  And for this reason I am unsubscribing.

I'm not insensitive to this concern; when the W3C publishes
the list of issues considered flaws in the device upload
spec, then I will take down the petition.  After the flaws
have been addressed to the satisfaction of Dr. Pemberton,
then I will ask the petition respondents to contact those
companies producing browsers, leaving the www-html list alone.

However, your concern doesn't seem entirely genuine -- by my
count there were more messages to www-html from Sunday-Wednesday
of last week than there have been this week.  How long does
it take you to delete a petition-related message?

Cheers,
James