Re: Posting without subscribing

From: Sue Sims <sue@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 16:19:02 -0500 (EST)
To: www-html@w3.org
On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:52:11 -0500, Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org>
wrote:

>>... individuals wishing to post messages
>> to one of the www* mailing lists would first subscribe to that list

>No, I don't think that has ever been the case.

Perhaps a change in the verbiage on the policy for mailing lists would
then be in order:

"The subscription policy to the mailing lists is that everybody can
subscribe and post mails to the lists."

The statement seems to imply that subscription to a list is required,
so dropping "subscribe and" would more accurately reflect the current
policy.