RE: XHTML

From: François Yergeau <yergeau@alis.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:56:08 -0400
To: "'Jim Clune'" <jim@parasoft.com>, www-html@w3.org
Jim Clune wrote:
> The attribute declaration for "xml:space" must be given as an
> enumerated
> type whose only possible values are "default" and "preserve".
>
> Can you tell me if this is a mistake in the DTD or a mistake
> in the parser?

The XML Core WG has recently processed a (still unpublished) erratum on
exactly this case, found the language in the XML 1.0 spec (cf. section 2.10)
to be ambiguous, and decided that it was not an error to declare xml:space
the way XHTML does.  Unambiguous language will appear pretty soon in the
revised XML 1.0 spec (not a new version, just a re-edition with the numerous
errata folded in and a modernized look).

--
François Yergeau