Media type for XML DTDs (was RE: Authors response2: The Future Of XHTML)

JOrendorff@ixl.com wrote:

> > I think I am probably wrong on this matter though.
> > Still, W3Cs DTDs are all text/plain though (and with
> > the extension .dtd).
>
> According to RFC 2376, "XML Media Types", it is correct
> to publish a DTD as text/xml or application/xml content.
>
> ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2376.txt

Note that RFC 2376 is now under revision.

    http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-murata-xml-06.txt

In this Internet Draft, a new media type "application/xml-dtd" is
proposed for XML DTDs.  See section 3.5 of the Internet Draft.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium