Stylesheets in XHTML 1.1

From: Sean Palmer <sean_b_palmer@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:17:54 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
I notice that the modularisation of XHTML 1.1 does not
mention CSS much, yet alone help to implement it. I
know that it devotes a particular module to it, but as
W3C keeps saying about CSS defing the entire style of
he document, with the XHTML 1.1 being structural only,
I would have thought that XHTML 1.1 and CSS 3 would be
developed hand in hand. As XHTML 1.1 is an XML
language, why don't they restyle [no pun intended]
XSLT as CSS? (CSS3/4). Why do we have to keep using
class="whatever" in XHTML 1.0, you would have thought
there would be an easier way (not suggesting that I
can think of one!). If we do eventually get XSLT as
CSS, documents are going to become very complicated
very quickly, but think what you could produce(!) -
your thoughts please?

Sean B. Palmer
WapDesign ORG U.K. - http://www.wapdesign.org.uk/