RE: Valid positioning of script elements

From: <JOrendorff@ixl.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:01:15 -0400
To: www-html@w3.org
Dave J Woolley wrote:
> Allowing [scripts]
> 	in all sorts of context would require that you
> 	explicitly included them in the content model for
> 	everything, that's only one step from recognizing
> 	the tag soup content model++, where the contents of
> 	body is an arbitrary sequence of anything.

Well, perhaps more than one step.  Suggesting there are
problems or quirks with the HTML 4.01 DTD isn't the same
as advocating anarchy.

In fact, I think even the HTML 4 Strict DTD has some real
ugly bits.

For one thing, the distinction between "inline" and "block"
elements is bogus, largely a concession to style.  You can't
<em>phasize a sequence of paragraphs.  Well, why not?

--
Jason Orendorff