Re: Doctype detection

From: Daniel Hiester <alatus@mail.earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 08:44:45 -0700
To: <www-html@w3c.org>
Dave J Woolley sarcastically suggested:
"In that case, can I propose that the www-html list
(and W3C HTML activity) be disbanded,
as I can't see that it makes any sense
when the standard is controlled by a monopoly
developer.  It would be like having an Acrobat Consortium
list to advise Adobe on the design of PDF."

Well, we can't give up hope of implementation, now that the open-source
community is now working on its own browsers. It starts with Mozilla, and
perhaps mozilla-based startups like Galeon are things to put hopes into.

Daniel