location response header

From: Hans-Peter Meiser <h-p.meiser@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:57:36 +0200
To: <www-html@w3.org>
hello,

  I have a queation concerning the location reponse header.  If I am wrong
in this list I would be glad, if you could point me the right place.

  A perlscript point the browser to a new url:

print "Location: new_url.htm\n\n";

  Due to the fact that the perlscript is run from a frame the new_url.htm is
display in that frame.
  I would like to have the new_url.htm displayed in the _top frame.
  Is there a change to use something like "target = _top" which is conform
with the HTTP specification?

  Any ideas for a workaround are also wellcome.

  Thans a lot in advance.

Hans-Peter