RE: pt and px

From: Rowland Shaw <Rowland.Shaw@seagatesoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:48:48 +0100
To: "'Gray Jonathan-AJG003C'" <ajg003c@email.mot.com>
Cc: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
1pt == 1/72 inch (device independent for physical size)
1px == 1 pixel   (device dependent for physical size)

My personal preference would be to suggest using pt.

On a machine with "small fonts" Windows uses 72dpi as screen resolution,
with "large fonts" it uses 96dpi.

With a quick bit of maths, you can see that 1px = 1pt (on small fonts) and
if you use large fonts, then the conversion is 1px = 0.75pt